Monday, February 23, 2009

On the Sundress.


  • I've been a rabid critic of this site from the beginning, but I can't argue with how great Doug from Daytona's post was over the weekend. That was really touching and something any "proffie" can appreciate. Well done to him for writing it, and to you for publishing it.

  • The piece on the sundress was brilliant. Bravo.

  • I loved Daytona Doug's post on the yellow sundress. It highlights so much about the dynamic of professors and students. We forget that these are young people, unschooled in so many ways. It takes wisdom and real caring to help them instead of abusing them. I think Doug is to be commended.

  • I want to thank Doug for telling that story. I am a female graduate student in the Midwest and that story resonated with me in a very personal way. I won't go into details, but that story showed real humanity, something which I've seen too little of in my time as a student.