Wednesday, September 5, 2007

We Always Love the Give and Take of An Email Exchange. Of Course Sometimes It's Just Too Much. We've All Had This Student, Right?

Hi this is m--- f--- from your mon and weds 2:45-4:05 class i know there is a quiz on weds but is it on the 2 essays or is it both the essays and the chapter we red for today. Please get back to me asap so i know what to study.

******

Dear Mr. F---,
Please
read the attached article [“To: Professor@University.edu, Subject: Why It's All About Me"] and then try your email again.
Yours,
B--- T---


******

Dear prof T---,
I get your point in the email. I still would like to meet with you to discuss the 2 atrictles and there meaning to the course work. I want to start off with a good grade so i would appreciate it if we could meet sometime this week to discuss the articles. Thanks
From,
M--- F---

******

Dear M---,

Thank you for your message. 1) You should always proofread your emails to your professors, especially if you want to get a great start to the semester as you have stated. There are at least five typos in your recent message. This is far more than a university student should allow in an email to a professor if he or she wants to be taken seriously as a student. 2) Unfortunately, I do not have office hours between now and Wednesday, and do not have additional times to meet because of the holiday. You are welcome to come by Wednesday morning from 9-10 to discuss any of the readings. Hope to see you then,
B--- T---


******

Dear prof T---,
Hi this is M--- F--- I know you said the 2 essays were going to be on the quiz on weds but iam not sure if you also said that what we covered in class will also be on the quiz. So if you could please email me back asap so I can get a good grade on the first quiz. Thanks

From,
M--- F---


******

Dear M---,
I appreciate your concern for getting a good grade. However, your refusal to pay attention to my prior messages on the correct conduct for sending emails to your professors does not provide me with much incentive to continue responding to them.


B--- T---