Thursday, November 16, 2006

Well, It's Not an Official Pledge, But We Like It.

I, Student X, Pledge to:
  • Respect my professor, no matter how little I think s/he actually knows.
  • I pledge to read the syllabus carefully.
  • To do all the homework on time.
  • To wear actual adult clothes and shoes at least once a week.
  • To come to class on time.
  • To give my professor the benefit of the doubt sometimes.
  • I pledge never to give stupid excuses, and to accept the fact I’m an adult.
  • I pledge not to whine about a grade I deserve I pledge not to insult my professors with bribes, unless I think they might actually take them.

I, Professor Y, Pledge to:

  • Take my students seriously.
  • Give them the benefit of the doubt sometimes.
  • Care about them learning the material.
  • Remember that this class is just one of the many challenges they face.
  • Not put them down for a question in class.
  • To tuck my shirt in sometimes and make sure I don't get chalk dust on my ass.
  • Not take my own frustrations out on them, especially the ones who are really trying.
  • Not to make ridiculously difficult tests simply to amuse myself.
  • I pledge to treat every student fairly remembering that once, I too was a student who had a dog eat my homework.