1. I save the papers I know are going to be the worst for last and have a glass of wine first?
2. I kind of want to be in a flash mob.
3. One of my all-time favorite students is graduating and I feel a little like I'm losing a really good friend.
4. I am going away for a family wedding for 3 days in the middle of finals to a place that has no Internet access and where my phone probably won't work.
5. I so do not want to grade those papers from #1 that I will spend 2 hours surfing random stuff on the web on my university-provided computer just so I don't have to face it.
6. I am making my students calculate their own grades to date. I gave them a formula.
7. If a student gives me home-made food, I usually won't eat it because I don't trust them.
8. I let my 5th grader help grade my projects. (Does it help if it is just basically checking stuff off...)
9. I seriously think about not taking you on as a grad student if you bring your parents with you when you visit campus.
10. I tell my 5th grader that the thing she learned in math this week my college students have trouble with?