Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Captain of the Rows."


Hapless Student: “Professor, your class is not on Blackboard. Can you add to it please?”

Me: “Hi Hapless Student. I don't use Blackboard because it discourages student attendance and encourages student sloth.”

HS: “ok I can see that.. but how is everyone turning in there homework.. I was under the impression by one of the classmates it was on Blackboard.. I'm new to the class so I'm not really sure what I should do. I missed the first one. Is there anyway I can make it up. Could you maybe send me the syllabus so I can have more of an understanding”

Me: “Usually, the students pass their homework forward from the back rows to the front rows, then I walk along in a perpendicular fashion, collecting the assembled sheets from the Captains of the Rows one at a time.”