Saturday, January 17, 2009

Penelope from Podunk College Finds that Cold Weather and Snowflakes Don't Mix.

Sammy Snowflake: Um….it’s supposed to be like 27 below tomorrow. Um…that means class is cancelled, right?

Me: I doubt it. Podunk College doesn’t typically cancel class due to the cold.

Sammy Snowflake: Um…well, like, I am going to totally get frostbite on my way to class. (it’s a five minute walk from the furthest points on campus)

Me: No, I don’t think you will.

Sammy Snowflake: Like, if I DO, can I sue the school?

Me: I don’t think you will.

Sammy Snowflake: Well, like what if I do?

Me: Sammy, you’re a grown up, right? Grown ups know how to dress appropriately for the weather.

Sammy Snowflake: Well, um, like I don’t have like a coat or anything. Heheheh.

Me: Well, then, you better dress in layers.

Fast forward to today in class:

Sammy bursts into class 10 minutes late, obviously fresh out of the shower, wearing a tshirt and lightweight hoodie.

Sammy Snowflake: Like my hair totally froze on the car ride over here! Hehehe. It is so freakin’ cold!