Thursday, February 8, 2007

We Love Student Letters

Hey there Professor Jones,

I had some concerns that I would like to bring up to you. I am really concerned about your class. I took Introduction to X to complete my general education requirement, along with many of my classmates, but this class seems like more than I can handle. I was expecting the class to be a historical aspect of X, not an in-depth look. A few of my suite mates are claiming how easy their Introduction to X classes are and I was wondering why I got the raw end of the deal.

Please don't get me wrong; I am not judging your teaching style. It's just that I am very concerned. For the test, I studied for a combined 5 hours, read every reading assignment, attended each class, and every went to one an office hour for tutoring once. And with all that, I still was unprepared for that test. I don't know what else I can do?

I got the feeling many times through that test that you were just out to trick us. There were many straight forward questions, but some answers were ridiculously difficult. And those A-K multiple choice options seemed too difficult for a class of freshmen who are solely taking the class for the general education requirement.

In short, I am just scared about this class. I cannot afford a bad grade in this class. I am willing to work hard, but you make it seem like we need to eat, sleep, and live X to succeed in this course. I have two girls in the floor above my just bring to my attention how hard your course is (they both failed in last semester and they're intelligent women).

Is there anything you can do to help me? I would appreciate anything.

Thanks.